The following are some brief notes from DGM Keith Newtons Roll-out Program for 2019-2020.
Theme: Step into the Light
Major Objectives Include:
- Live your Charter - Know what your lodge charter states, maybe organize a read the charter night. Reach out to the 20% of your oldest members who don't attend by January Reach out to widows (try an get info updated in Grand View)
- Communicate - All brothers should login to Grand View and verify their information. Grand Lodge wants to have better communication direct to the brothers.
- Grand Lodge Charities - Spend some time reviewing all of the charities supported by the GLO and the OMH.
- Public Awareness - The GLO will continue their marketing campaign for awareness. Encourage lodges to participate in community events and "tell your story".
- Veterans Pin - Newly designed veterans pin will be available this year also.
- The charity of choice for Brother Newton will be the Masonic Model Student Assistance Program.
- The charity chosen by his wife Sharon will be the Sleep in Heavenly Peace beds for kids (https://www.shpbeds.org)
Grand Masters Award:
Minimal changes from last year, but a renewed focus on outreach to our lodge brothers and their widows.
Dates to Remember:
- The 210th Annual Grand Lodge Communications is October 18-19, 2020 in Marietta.
- November 23 will be another Tri-State degree in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The GLO will be performing the EA portion.
- May 9th will be the Grand Master's One Day Class. The incoming GM will leave it up to the Districts if they decide to hold an event or not. Districts can combine efforts as well, but the class must be held May 9, 2020. All current rules regarding the candidate returning to Lodge with 60 days applies.
- September 18-20, 2020 will be a Family Fun Retreat with the Grand Lodge, hosted at Deer Creek State Park. More information as that date gets closer.
- Grand Lodge 2020 will be October 23-24 a the Robert Cook Center in Wilmington, OH.